This month’s spending report has some pretty big news, and some seriously awesome wins after completely blowing the budget last month. I am happy to report that:
- My spending is now under control.
- I was $401 under budget.
- I PAID OFF MY CAR.
- I’ve decided to switch tactics from paying off my debt to saving up… for a down payment on my first property.
I fucked up. In April 2019, I went over budget by $474 and my spending is buck wild.
With every budgeting and debt-free journey comes massive fuck-ups or derailments, right?
Well it was finally my turn in April.
My budget got tossed out with the bathwater, and my mindset switched to “screw it” after a fender bender that caused me to blow the budget.
The January 2019 Spending Report is complete, and the numbers are in. It’s official. Not only have I stuck to my budget, but I’ve also come in UNDER BUDGET for two months in a row!
As a matter of fact, I came in under budget by $133! That’s more than five times the amount I came in under budget last month! Not a bad way to start off the New Year, huh?
(Cue the dancing baby)
December is OVER. And so is 2018? I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure 2018 lasted about two decades.
Since December is over, you know what that means! December 2018 Spending Report– woo!
This spending report is going to be a little bit different, and there are a few different reasons for this.
- December was a long month and I had pay periods that were technically January, but mostly December so I just decided to screw it and add three pay periods to this post. That means that the anticipated numbers and totals are a lot higher than usual, and it also means that I managed to squeeze rent in twice which is why my rent is double what my usual spending report post would have been.
- I decided to do it this way because my last budgeting period ended on 1/3/19. It seemed kind of dumb to add almost two weeks worth of December to my January budget, so I said screw it and went big for this post.
- During this time period, I managed to squeeze in Christmas shopping from Black Friday/Cyber Monday, a trip to Florida with my family, and even some extra shopping for things like pants and lipstick.
November has flown by, and the numbers are in!
This time, I only went over budget by… $382.
I know what you’re thinking.
Clo Bare… You suck. That’s terrible! You still went way over budget!
I went over budget by less than half of what I went over last time– so that’s an improvement.
Again, there were some surprise expenses, some extra spending, and mistakes were made.